Reinforce your interest in beauty therapy and begin your study toward a career with this part-time programme. Discover the key principals of beauty for enhancing personal appearance. Ideal for those interested in a career in helping people look good and feel great or as a pathway to higher education to gain a career in the beauty industry.
Certificate in Beauty Skills (Introductory) (Level 2) enables students to develop basic skills and knowledge of beauty treatments. A perfect pathway to further study in beauty therapy or hairdressing.
What will this programme cover?
- Skin care
- Personal appearance
- Hand and foot care
- Eye care
- Career options
- Body care
- Cosmetic counter consultant in a pharmacy or department store
- Beauty or cosmetic sales representative
- Beauty salon receptionist
What do you need to apply?
- For entry applicants require at least 3 years secondary education and successful completion of 24 NCEA credits (Level 1).
- Applications from mature students (over 20 years) are welcome.
- If you don’t have the stated entry criteria, talk to us about whether you have the equivalent skills and knowledge or to determine if this is the right programme for you.
This programme is accredited by NZQA.